Friday 30 March 2012

Hardwick Park

We had a flying visit to my parents last weekend - a 600 mile round trip! But lets not dwell on the joys of the A1......

Whilst nothing much of note happened other than my father celebrating his 83rd birthday, we did have a visit to Hardwick Park  near Sedgefield in County Durham. It's only a 15 minute or so drive from their house, but I've never been there before - it obviously never entered the radar as a possible trip when I was growing up - though to be fair I don't think there was anything much to see until relatively recently.

The sun shone, the daffodils looked beautiful - as did the cakes in the cafe , but we resisted (sadly it was too close to lunchtime).


The coots were building their nests on the large lake, and I was impressed to see that Mr Coot had obviously brought Mrs Coot flowers as part of his nest building offerings!



Entry is free, and if you're in the area it's well worth a visit for an hour or two.

1 comment:

  1. Never even heard of it despite being a local. It looks lovely. Glad to hear the olds are well.

    ReplyDelete