Tuesday 5 June 2012

Blowing away the cobwebs...

That have gathered on this blog.

At least I have managed to remove a few around the house in the time I've not been posting. It has been busy, but not terribly exciting.

Over Easter we visited here:



(where the adverts for an exhibition made me think that Diarmuid Gavin has been an artists model. )

And here:


Despite my best intentions, we did come back with some of these:


Marvelled at the otter living in the middle of Coulommiers:


And were very excited at the sight of red squirrels on the campsite:


Sadly whilst it was bright and sunny (except when in Paris, where woolly hats and gloves were a must and the view from the Eiffel tower was disappointing) it was freeezing. Went to bed in socks and a jumper, with two extra blankets on top of the duvet, and I still woke up in the middle of the night cold!

And I came back with a copy of Marie Claire Idees





I wish that my school french wasn't from quite so long ago....

And all this rain has meant that the weeds in our garden now look like triffids and have overtaken the none-weed plants. Sadly the only dry weekend since then was so hot, our clay soil was like concrete and we fried if we went out. I'm hoping that it will stay dry (but cool) long enough to be able to send out the plant-search-and-rescue party.

Maybe I'll just stay in and knit instead.

2 comments:

  1. I hope the weather improves for you. What a lovely trip to Paris, I love the Eiffel Tower. You can't come away from Disney without catching some of the magic and bringing it home.
    Have a lovely day,
    Louise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jane they look amazing in the magazine was it a French copy? Vicki (do you remember her?) speaks french like a native if you get stuck.

    ReplyDelete