Looking back last year, I really didn't get much made - or finished - so I am linking up to Leanne at she can quilt who is running the 2013 Finish A Long. I am hoping that this spurs me on to get behind the sewing machine and finish things. I really put off the quilting, so I'm hoping that I also start to come to grips with it this year - I'm never going to get any better unless I actually do some/practise it.
So here are my items for the First Quarter:
1. My Christmas Tree Skirt - started November 2011. I finally finished the quilting on it over the Christmas Break, So I only need to stay stitch and cut the openings, make some Bias Binding and bind it. If I don't do it know, it will be put away until Christmas 2013, and won't be finished in time to go round the tree - again!
2. A very simple quilt for my daughter - the "top" (a panel print that I surrounded with a border) - I already have the super soft fleece to use as the wadding/backing, so this only really needs quilting and binding.
3. My Busy Lizzie quilt - this is the first quilt I ever made, from a kit from The Quilt Room. It is so nearly finished - I just need to finish hand sewing the binding down - so quite why it has been lurking in my wardrobe for at least a year in this state, I don't know.
4. My City Lights quilt - the top is finished, I have the backing fabric and wadding, so it just needs to be turned into a finished quilt!
5. Continue My Swoon Quilt - I have stalled at two blocks - all my background fabric for the blocks is cut, and I have cut out the fabric for the next two blocks, so no reason not to make progress. Honestly? I know that this will not be a finished quilt by the end of the quarter, but I hope that I will have made some more progress.
Not sewing, but I really need to finish my Dad's socks
I am so nearly there - I am on the shaping of the toe on the second sock, so just need to finish this and then sew in the ends and block them.
My oldest UFO is also knitting :
This is a panelled jacket for my Mum which I started a few years ago (hangs head in shame) - I actually went to sew it all together at the start of December - and promptly discovered that two of the front panels are two small. I need to re knit those and then sew it together. It would feel really good to not have this one hanging around any longer.
I think I might be busy for a while.......