Friday 8 February 2013

How to give your OH a severe shock

I was going to title this post "How to give your husband a heartattack" but then thought it sounded a bit too flippant about a very serious medical issue so thought better of it!

I've started the 2012 Craftsy Block of the Month with a friend (we decided we liked it better than the 2013!) and needed background fabric. So I ordered it from The Remnant House and told my husband.

So when this arrived :


You can imagine how much fabric he thought I had ordered - and how much it had cost!

I put him out of his misery and opened it up to reveal:


Two cushions, 1 metre of clear vinyl (I'm going to try using it like a supreme slider (only bigger, and cheaper)when I next try quilting) and 4 meters of Klona grey cotton. His colour came back and he headed off to work before he had any more unpleasant surprises.

I decided to order some fabric from the states before the postage went up - so it took a little of the sting out of the VAT charge on the order when it arrived

I'd ordered some of the Anna Maria Horner velveteen and voiles that were on sale at Hawthorn threads to make some infinity scarves following the tutorial at Fancy Tiger Crafts.
The voile feels amazing - I think the combination of the two is going to be really lovely - and should mean that I can stop wearing my great big knitted scarf in the office (it's really not an indoors type scarf at all). Er, yes a couple of other fabrics kind of snuck in too...


I haven't told him that I also ordered fabric from the Intrepid Thread too - so there may be more customs fees to pay.


No comments:

Post a Comment