Sunday 16 October 2016

2016 Finish-a-long - Quarter 4 List

I'll confess now I'm listing everything that I may  work on - just in case I get the bit between the teeth and something I didn't anticipate becomes a finish. I only managed 3 finishes last quarter, 1 the quarter before (which I totally forgot to link up!) and I think 2 in the first quarter. I am both optomistic and realistice - I'll be ecstatic if I get 4 finishes out of this lot!

Now the weather has turned, I'm on a bit of a sock knitting kick, so I'll list those first:

1) A pair of Dk Adriafil Knitcol socks for me. I've turnedthe heels on both socks now, so I'm hoping these will be a speedy finish.



2) Another pair of socks for me - this time in Mothy and the Squid's Midnight Pumpkin Colourway ( please excuse my terrible yarn caking - as you may have guessed, it's the first time I've done this and I *might not* have set the ball winder up quite right....) - time is pressing as ideally I'd like to have these ready to wear before Halloween this year.

3) Christmassy socks for DS2 and
4) Christmassy socks for me - there's enough yarn here to comfortable knit both of us at least one pair each with contrasting heels and toes. (one pair each is what I'm aiming for)

5) Finishing my Oakshott City Lights Quilt - the binding is cut and pressed - no I have absolutely no idea what is stopping me finishing it either.

6) Disappearing 9 patch for my Mother in Law for Christmas. It's a surprise, so if I don't get it finished in time, I can make it a birthday gift instead.

7) The twin baby Quilts

8) Space Quilt for DS2 - hoping I can finish it in time for Christmas

9) Having survived making me Deer and Doe Plaintain T Shirt, I'm actually quite keen to get on and make this shirt. I'll definitely need to try find some time from somewhere for this - it's not going to be a project I can spend 5 minutes here and there on.

10) My Japanese Boxes cushion kit - I'm feeling the need for more cushions in the living room



11) DS1's curtains - maybe these should be item 1 on the list (except I can't sew curtains on the train)



12) DS2's advent calendar


13) A knitted jacket for my Mum.

No comments:

Post a Comment