Friday 7 October 2016

A finish!

Earlier this year I started knitting a pair of socks for my Instagram friend Pippa - of Pippa's Patch

Pippa had been wantinga pair of handknitted socks for a while - and although she's a fantastic patchworker, quilter, bagmaker and all round sewer, knitting isn't something she's done very much of.

I had what I thought would be the perfect sock yarn for Pippa in my stash - so started the super stripy socks! Turns out I get more than a little worried when knitting for somebody in another country whose feet I can't check against (especially when they're quite long but narrower than usual).So I added them to my 3rd Qtr FAL list ( Here ) and kept knitting away in spare moments.

I finished them and blocked them in time for me to send them to Pip just before she visited the UK in the summer


Please excuse the slightly odd photo - my sock blockers are too small for these socks!

Luckily they fitted perfectly, and Pippa loved them. Phew!

Linking up to Archie the Wonder Dog  and the 3rd qtr Finishalong 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment